CDC Issues Alert on Bathtub Stripping Products & Fatalities

According to a recent CDC study, thirteen people died using a solvent for stripping bathtubs.  A man from Michigan died in 2010 when he used about six ounces of a stripping solvent.  The stripper contained 60% to 100% methylene chloride, according to Dr. Ken Rosenman, Chief of Occupational and Environmental Medicine at Michigan State University.  Two other Michigan residents who died as a result of exposure to the stripping solvent were part of the investigational study.  According to Dr. Rosenman, “worker exposure to toxic chemicals is regulated but do-it-yourselfers don’t get the same protection”.
 
Our law firm has represented tradesmen and do-it-yourselfers in toxic tort cases for almost 40 years.  We have offices in Birmingham and Allen Park.  Contact us for further information.  Call 248.647.6966 or 1.800.995.6991 or visit our website at www.serlinglawpc.com